At Theo Fred & Bear we know how it can make someone's day to receive a handwritten note or card in the post, so that is why we offer our handwritten greeting card service.
Why use a handwritten greeting card service?
There are many reasons you may want to use a handwritten greeting card service whether it be from lack of time, wanting to stay in touch more due to the COVID pandemic or it may just be because you do not like your own scrawl. Whatever the reason is we are here and happy to help.
What does this service do?
Our service is really simple you can choose any of our greeting cards which are designed by UK small businesses and we will lovingly handwrite your choice of words (as if we were sending it to our own family) and send directly to the recipient. By using this service and buying a greetings card from Theo Fred & Bear you are also helping to support small businesses across the UK.
Is there any additional charge?
No, at Theo Fred & Bear we know how hard it is to keep in touch and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to be able to send a thoughtful handwritten card through the post. The charge you will pay will be the cost of the greeting card you choose plus our card postage of £1 (for orders in the UK, additional charges will apply for other geographies)
How often do you post handwritten cards?
We post our handwritten cards daily Monday - Friday and if you order by 9am we will normally send the card in that days post, but please do try to order the day before you would like the greetings card posting.
All handwritten cards that go directly to the recipient will be sent Royal Mail 1st class (which is a 1-3 delivery time) so please do order in plenty of time especially given the COVID pandemic and delays in the above postal times. If you order a card and have it sent back to you to write yourself, it will be sent 2nd class so we can cover the cost of the outer envelope.
Remember we can always add a note to the front of your card asking your loved one not to open until a certain day, just add it to the top of your gift note.
How do I use this service?
It is so simple to use this service, just follow the steps below:
- Choose the greeting card that you want to send and add to cart
- Click on cart and then click on the 'Gift' icon that appears at the bottom right hand side of the screen
- Click 'Create first gift wrap'
- Add tick to box to enable gift note and click on the icon 'Gift Note (Free)
- Input your message into the gift note
- Then click create - it may ask you to drag the gift card item across into the gift note icon to link them
- As this is free when purchasing a card, the confirmation will not show up on your checkout cart. But will show up on your order confirmation that you receive following checkout.
- If you have any problems you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you really handwrite the cards?
Yes, I handwrite every single card and love every moment of doing it (it's Sarah in case you were wondering). Seeing the love and thought that goes into every message makes my day and I have to say this is probably the best part of this business! Sending a wonderful card from an independent business with a handwritten note who wouldn't enjoy that!